Saturday, April 28, 2007

Update on my recovery

Little update on my recovery from a heart attack. So far everything seems pretty good, I'm still in the process of quitting smoking, it's now my 10th day smoke free. I've also changed my diet to low sodium, low sugar content. I've still got 2 to 3 weeks of recovery before I'm allowed to start exercising. As far as my new medicines, I'm now on Plavax, Zocor, Altace, Metoprolol, low dose Aspirin. And I just went to my local doctor, the one I discussed in previous posts about having an MRI. Well I got the results of it and I have a herniated disc in my lower back.

The sucky part is no insurance and unable to work at the moment. So I've applied for disability, I have spoken with a disability advocate from the hospital plus my local doc is filling out papers to help me get this started. Right now my medicines are running a little over $200 per month which is crazy. Health care is really tough when your broke. Hopefully the disability will come through for me.

Anyhow I hope everyone is having a great weekend. And be careful out there.

No comments: