Friday, October 12, 2007

Friday once again...

Always seems lately that I'm updating this on Fridays. Anyhow, saw my Doctor this week, wasn't really nothing new, he did give me some Lidocaine patches to try for my back, so going to give those a try. Also discussed my disability application with him and he said he's write a letter for me again for my appeal since I was turned down, which you can read about in a previous post.

So anyhow I posted about telemarketers and bill collectors a while back, but the call volume has tripled. These people are calling every day now. It's getting quite funny, having someone bill collector call one day and ask for money, then call next day demanding money, after I have already explained the situation to them. Now they ask "When can we expect payment?" Well I use the term I heard from a comedian... I reply with "Well you can always expect payment, hell you can expect payment today in fact." Which of course makes them really happy for a second and all I do is stay quiet then. They beg for credit card numbers or checking account numbers, I speak up and say "Oh no, I said you can EXPECT payment today, I never said you'd get payment..." In most cases they just hang up then. Leaving me with a smile on my face.

Now I know they are just doing their job, but calling someone every single day 12 hours apart between harrasing calls gets to be a bit much, what makes them think if they call back 12 hours later I will magically have the money or magically have a job and get my paycheck in a 12 hour time period? Anyhow it is just one of life's aggravations I guess.

Anyhow I've taken my medicine for the night and gonna settle in and get some sleep, so everyone out there I hope you have a great weekend, and be safe most of all.

No comments: