Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The waiting game...

Not much been going on last couple weeks, messing around with Eve Online while waiting on the new upcoming patch for Dark Age of Camelot.

In more personal news, as some may know from previous posts I was denied on my application for disability, and what I call the "waiting game" has started. I've sent in my appeal after being declined for disability. Hopefully this will result in a more positive response. I have a disability advocate filing the appeal on my behalf, perhaps that will prove to be more helpful.

That's about all going on really, and yea rather boring, but I try to keep the blog updated best I can.

Now in the world of stupid news...



7-year-old suspended over stick-figure drawing

Complaint about image depicting 'water pistol' leads to disciplinary action

DENNIS TOWNSHIP, N.J. - A New Jersey second-grader's drawing of a stick figure shooting a gun has earned him a one-day school suspension.

Read full article here.


I just don't know what to say, this stuff is getting a bit too idiotic. I remember way back when I was in school we always made snide remarks such as "I wish the school would burn down" or "I wish someone would blow up the school". Did we really mean them? NO!
Kids make comments all the time or do things that are "at the moment" type things. We've all heard a child scream "I hate you!" but we know they don't mean it. Now don't get me wrong I I'm all for punishing the kids that bring guns to school, but a drawing? Come on, lets get real here.
The problem is schools/government are slowly taking away parental rights, I believe paddling should be in every school, I remember my senior year of high school getting into a fight, did we get suspended? no we both got sent to Principal's office where we both received one hell of a paddling, and we learned our lesson. The problem with today's youth is there is no discipline, parents are afraid to punish their children, and schools are so paranoid someone draws a gun and all hell breaks loose and its on the evening news.

It's a very sad state of affairs this country is turning into...

No comments: