Monday, February 2, 2009

Playing around with Second Life

I posted several posts back about trying out second life (Second Life's homepage). That topic was working with sculpted primitives using a program called Wings3d which is free you can pick that up at http://www.wings3d.com.

Lately I've mainly been scripting, which is all I really do in second life when I am not playing Eve Online. I really enjoy programming, and scripting in second life gives me that feel again of scripting for a "game" so to speak.

So anyhow I've currently been working on what I call a "Clockwork Spider". I guess first of all I should show you my inspiration that caused me to try and build one.

Here is the image I found just surfing the web.

This is titled

Clockwork Arachnid by Cazouillette
You can find more of his work on Deviantart by going
to this site: http://cazouillette.deviantart.com/
Awesome clockwork/steampunk inspired stuff.


So anyhow I got my inspiration from that image and inside of Second Life have started on my own Clockwork Spider inspired by Cazouillette's version. Not an exact replica of course, but based on the above image. And this is what I have so far, this is still a work in progress though and will be added more detail as time allows.














Anyhow that's it for this week, hopefully I'll get it finished and we'll see what project I move onto next to keep myself busy.

2 comments:

Caz Ouillette said...

Okay, first of all, this is FREAKING AWSOME. Second of all, I'm honored. If you need any extra pictures or specifics on my spider, let me know!

Eric said...

Thanks so much! And it's me that is honored, your work is amazing and although still working on building skills in second life I wanted to do a build based on your work.