Thursday, February 17, 2011

New to the world of MIDI

I've played instruments most all my life, even during my college years. But I have just now recently jumped into the world of MIDI. I still have my electric guitar, few percussion instruments an old Tama drum kit, etc. But I thought that I would finally give this midi stuff a try.

Since I just wanted to "get my feet wet" so to speak I ordered myself an Akai LPK 25 midi controller I do plan on getting their Akai LPD 8 Controller next though.









I also picked up a couple different DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) software but for now have chosen to play around with Ableton Suite.

Ableton does so much it's hard to wrap your head around it in such a short time, but while I had the weekend to watch a few basic tutorial videos to get you started along with reading forums and such when package arrived from UPS today I was able to start playing around with it all in no time.

I setup a Soundcloud account so I can occasionally upload new junk I am working on. Just beware it's all just works in progress or sorta a "notebook scratch pad of ideas" so to speak. As I use this to learn the software and what I can and can't do.

You can visit my Soundcloud and check out any tracks I may be messing with by going here.
http://soundcloud.com/pronoss

No comments: